Here is what you have to do after a dismissal:
Losing your job is a difficult situation, especially if you aren’t familiar with local employee rights. German labour law is both a blessing and a curse. While it is employee-friendly from a rights perspective, it is also quite complex and follows strict timelines. Here is what you have to know
- After being dismissed you have only three weeks to take legal action against the dismissal. While the official goal of your claim is reinstatement (i.e. getting your job back), both parties usually settle for severance pay.
- It makes always sense to check whether the dismissal is unlawful. There is no general legal entitlement to severance pay in Germany per se, but dismissals are often flawed or not sufficiently justified. Thus, there are opportunities to take action against a dismissal and negotiate a severance payment.
- You’re going to have to register for unemployment benefits. You are entitled to this as someone who has paid into unemployment insurance. You can register online, in person or via phone.
Only one day was left until the deadline! But Volodymyr still received a severance payment
“Volodymyr's employer refused to pay him severance pay after his termination. Having only one day left to enforce his claim, he hired CONNY. In the end, Volodymyr received the severance payment he deserved after all.”
Here is how CONNY helps you:
CONNY is Germany's largest consumer rights portal. Our digital solutions spare you the need to visit a traditional lawyer. We help you to contest the dismissal and fight for an appropriate severance payment. The lawyers of the CONNY law firm
- check your dismissal in detail for its lawfulness
- file a claim against wrongful termination, if necessary
- take care of all correspondence with the employer
- negotiate a fair severance pay r continued employment for you
- represent you before the labour court
- provide you with professional support throughout the entire process
For you, the process is quick, simple and without any cost risk. You will only incur a previously agreed success fee, if CONNY achieves a severance payment or reinstatement for you. CONNY bears all legal fees and court costs for you.
Linnea was terminated without given reason
“Linnea was employed by her former employer for a long period. All of a sudden, she received a notice of termination, which did not mention any reasoning. With the help of CONNY, she was able to obtain a severance package.”
Here is what differentiates us from a traditional lawyer
CONNY differs from a traditional lawyer in various aspects. We help you to obtain your rights without you having to face the disadvantages of a traditional lawyer, which i.a. include:
- You always pay, no matter what the outcome of the case is & bear all legal fees and court costs yourself.
- Often a deposit is required.
- Affordable lawyers are often inexperienced.
- Lengthy processing of cases as law firms are overloaded.
- Difficulty in finding appointments and local representation.
You obtain a 5000€ severance payment
CONNY fee 1650€
✓ You get 3350€
Lawyer's fee 2551€
You only get 2449 €
Unfortunately, you lose the first appeal before the labour court
CONNY bears all costs!
✓ You pay 0€
Lawyer's and court fees 2392€
You pay 2392 €
Compared to the traditional lawyer, our service is fast, simple and transparent:
- You get immediate help and a callback within 2 hours. Gone are the days when you have to wait days or even weeks for an appointment with one of the few available lawyers.
- Submit your documents online. This saves time, costs and guarantees a smooth process.
- Pay only in case of success. There are no separate costs for an initial consultation with the lawyer, court costs, representation costs and you do not have to pay upfront.
Be aware of the 3-week deadline!
Employees only have three weeks to challenge a dismissal legally. It is therefore crucial that the complaint is submitted to the labour court in due time.
The time limit begins to run as soon as the letter is deemed to have been delivered. If you miss the deadline, you can only sue in justified exceptional cases.
Make an initial termination check
Within 2 hours, after checking your claim online, a legal expert will review your case and contact you regarding the next possible steps.
Throughout the process, you will have a personal contact person who will answer your questions at all times and keep you informed of any progress.
100% success rate
So far, we have negotiated every case successfully and obtained an average settlement of 4300€.