Tech Lead (m/w/d)
We are CONNY! With us, you can work on one of the biggest challenges of our legal system: We want consumers to understand their rights and finally make use of them. To this end, we are building Europe's leading Justice-as-a-Service platform www.conny.de. Here, customers can hire us in the areas of tenancy, employment, and consumer law. We enforce our customers' rights, simply and, for most services, without any risk-costs for our customers. This makes the enforcement of one's own rights possible for everyone.
Follow our mission: CONNY - Gives you justice!
We are currently looking to hire a talented Tech Lead to join our team and help us build, maintain, and expand our ever-expanding legal services platform and the world's first sophisticated legal engine.
You will lead the effort to model, build, and automate complicated business processes in the legal space. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of features and our expanding infrastructure. We expect you will apply your knowledge of building scalable web applications.
The majority of our services are written in Ruby and JS. We continuously deploy on AWS using CircleCI after our PRs are reviewed and pass all the checks.
Examples of daily tasks
- Legal case evaluator (a tool to evaluate if we can win a specific type of legal cases)
- Tools that standardize, monitor, and automate operational tasks (Allow labeling of a contract to automate data extraction from contracts)
- Management and Business intelligence tools (Tools to answer these questions. What to automate? What features isn't working?)
- Improving UX and customer satisfaction (Case status transparency after user signup)
- Design elegant solutions for business problems
- Document and set the standards for your area of expertise
- Construct solution design documents for complex problems that can be implemented by your team
- Pair with more junior people and teach them
- Make our users life easier through building usable features
- Improve the maintainability and scalability of our code
- Optimize buisness processes through automation
- Write tests!
- Learn a lot!
- Previous leadership experience (if you are aspiring you can still apply and set a plan to make this happen!).
- A hardcore believer in DevOps and its concepts.
- Embrace cultural diversity and be able to deal with the difference in ideas and opinions.
- Communicate with peers in a clear and respectful manner.
- Be open to feedback.
- Keep an open mind, listen, and empathize with your peers.
- Own initiatives, make decisions but still asks for help if you need to.
- Flag problems as they arise.
- Have a deep understanding of software engineering principles and standards.
- Know how to break them when needed.
- Be able to teach but still be teachable.
- Know how to build features from MVP till Full-Fledged Product.
- Ship value, not tasks.
- Write tests obsessively.
What we offer you
We offer you the chance to contribute to the development of Europe's leading Justice-as-a-Service platform. Working in an attractive environment with flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes, and a high degree of responsibility from day one. Our offer includes a compensation package in line with the market, attractive team events, flat-rate beverages, and the obligatory fruit basket. Besides, with our Urban Sports M membership, you can enjoy a wide range of sporting activities.
Become part of a dynamic and highly motivated team with the best colleagues you could wish for!